I usually get a huge feeling of anxiety and loneliness when I come home for a break or summer or whatever. I haven't felt that as much this winter break. I'm not sure why, but its nice.
my mind's ramblings...
I'm not sure how I feel about true grit. I just saw it, and I think I was expecting too much (or perhaps it was that I was expecting something different). the dialogue was great, the characters likable. I'm going to sleep on it.
clouds continue to be one of my favorite things in the world to look at/imagine I'm flying through. they are ever-changing and ever-beautiful, and surprise me every time I look up at the sky.
I love hearing people talk in icelandic. and when I say "people talk in icelandic", I really mean "jónsi sing in icelandic". I think its a beautiful language.
swahili is also (objectively) a beautiful language.
I think it is more practical and noble for one to believe in love than any specific religion.
hell is the most vile, abusive, and abhorrent idea ever conceived by man.
mixes are fun.
the rain is a wonderful thing, but its a double-edged sword.
everyone should start using the term, 'bitchcoat'.
the bbc office is brilliant, and leaves me with a bittersweet feeling upon reaching its end. david brent is supremely likable and unlikable. its like finishing the end of a book. I sometimes am so afraid of that bittersweet feeling after reading a good book I simply won't finish it. I've read the lord of the rings series like 4 times, but I've never finished the 3rd book. I can't bring myself to it.
that is most everything that is on my mind at the moment. I'm going to do this more often.
also, I got a B+ in walk/jog. a B+! after I was consistently first in every running exercise we did. I left those 20 freshmen girls in the dust, crying and wishing they weren't forced to eat only at the caf/den so they could get better nutrition and therefore run faster in walk/jog every monday and wednesday at 8:20. but that apparently wasn't enough for ms. duskin. my superior nutrition of peanut butter and honey toast and consistently superior performance just couldn't pull off an A. it happens, I guess.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I commented on this...and it was beautiful...and heartfelt...but then it didn't work...so now I'm too disheartened to bother trying again.
ReplyDeleteBut just know, I tried.
P.S. After you comment, you have to type some code thing...(I think that's where I went astray the first time), anyway, next to it is the handicapped picture - the stick figure confined to a wheelchair...I'm not sure why though, I'm hoping this comment will allow me to explore further. But as a scientist, I felt you would be intrigued by this as well.
ReplyDeleteWOAH! If you click the wheelchair, a person starts talking!!
ReplyDeleteBlogspot is officially possessed. Someone call Jon Wallace.
I'm really confused.
ReplyDelete